Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back in the US again!

It is Tuesday and everyone is safe and back home again - trying to get adjusted. Everyone of course except Lucas, but he is where God wants him to be now - still in Malawi, continuing to minister to the people there.

I have used the words amazing, awesome and WOW so much, they are probably starting to lose their effect on you - but it is so difficult to describe it any other way. God worked in such a wonderful way. And those of you who were reading the blog and specifically praying with us were just as vital a part of what happened in Malawi as we, who were there. God heard your prayers and answered them.

As I was going through my many emails today I found one of particular interest. Each day, I receive a "Thought for the Day" from a missions organization that our church supports. Yesterday's thought was "If you can explain what is going on, God didn't do it." Well, that helps me understand why it so difficult to explain what was happening in Malawi - God was doing it and He continues to do it as we continue to pray.

Let me encourage you to continue to pray for the work there. Pray for John and Lea Anne. Pray for Lucas. Pray for the children in orphanage. Pray for the chiefs, especially the ones baptized, that they would fully embrace Jesus and allow Jesus to change their lives and the lives of their villages.

And continue to pray for the team. I remember my first mission trip to the Philippines when I was 20. I was there for 6 weeks. I experienced more culture shock returning to the US than I did when I went to the Philippines. God changed me forever. This team will never be the same. Each one of them see the world differently and they see God differently. They serve a lot bigger God than they realized before.

This Sunday night we will be sharing during the evening service at Piner. Some of the others will be sharing in their churches in the next few weeks. Pray for them as they consider what to share. And pray for each church to be receptive to what God is doing in each one of them. Kristina has specifically ask us to pray for her church. Currently they are without a pastor.

Only eternity will tell what the outcome of this mission trip will be. I do believe that God was glorified and He should receive all the praise.

Praising Him,
Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment