Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday morning in Malawi

I had really hoped to update yesterday so that you would have the latest for Wed. night services, but it didn't happen. I sent Rhonda a quick email on Wed. morning and hoped that I would get back sometime throughout the day to update. I was going to be at the orphanage all day, because John and I were interviewing candidates for baptism, which is happening this Sat. I thought that there would be plenty of time. When we finished our morning group devotion, there were already people here. John and I started talking to people at 9:15, as soon as he returned from taking the groups to the village. We finished at 5:30 - non-stop except for about 1/2 hour at lunch. We talked to about 55 people throughout the day, trying to discern if they had a personal relationship with Jesus. We now have a list of 47 people for baptism on Sat. PRAISE THE LORD!!

God really answered prayer. We have been asking for prayer for the village chiefs for some time now. On Tues, I was able to sit down and share the Gospel with about 25 of them at the same time. On Tues afternoon about 7-8 of those chiefs came to our VBS. After the VBS, several of them talked to me about the Gospel, getting Bibles and sharing with their villages. I invited them to come and talk with John and I on Wed. On Wed, 6 of the chiefs came. John and I shared with them for a long time, explaining that if they accepted Jesus, life would not be the same. Even village customs, which went against the Word of God, would have to be turned away. At the end of our conversation, all 6 chiefs got on their knees with us and prayed to receive Jesus. They agreed to come Sat. and be baptized. PRAISE THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD! This is the breakthrough that John has been asking us to pray for. God is amazing.

I can't wait to see what God is going to do today.

Wayne

5 comments:

  1. "To God be the glory great things He hath done! So loved He the world that He gave us His son, Who yielded His life an atonement for sin and opened the lifegate that ALL may go in." Wayne, I would love to be there to see you dancing a jig! I don't know how you could keep from it... The rumor that Baptists don't dance is false.... Donna D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro. Wayne let me say it again--PRAISE THE LORD GOD WHO IS WHO WAS AND WHO IS TO COME!!!
    Some plant, some water, but God gives the increase. Things are going well back here and we are looking forward to seeing all of you return. We gathered around Bro. Mark Hufford as Bro. Don Browning led all of the Wednesday night prayer group in prayer as Mark sat in the Malawi missionary's stead.One more time--PRAISE THE LORD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro. Wayne I did respond to your e-mail a couple of days ago and all seems to be fairly well w/ those individuals. By the way I posted the 2nd comment to your great news above, but forgot to sign off. Let me try to sign off this time.

    Bro. Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to All - Our God Reigns, even in Africa! It is so good to hear from you all; what a good thing this "blog" is. How wonderful is our God to answer our prayers? Continuing in prayer for you all - sounds like He's blessing abundantly. Miss you and look forward to the reports at your return. 47 Baptisms...amazing! Tired arms? Kim C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise be to the Lord! That is really good news about the Chiefs. We are still praying for you.

    Aaron Diehl

    ReplyDelete